Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Happy Friday #13

Hello!

Yes, today does happen to be a Wednesday but ssshhhhh. At the moment I am in fully "writing my dissertation" mode so I am finding it hard to find time to write these little additions to the Internet but I am currently taking a break from all the numbers, formulas and words such as enthalpy and NOx emissions for half an hour so I thought it was about time I got back up to date with this blog!


Last week was one that involved a LOT of travelling, I worked out that in the space of 7 days I visited 5 different cities and traveled for more than 24 hours on a mixture of trains and a boat! That may sound disgustingly horrible to many but although it made me incredibly tired I looked at it as an adventure. Looking out of the window of a train allows you to see so much of the country and any opportunity for me to see what the British Isles has to offer.

My first journey of the week was to London to go to the Harry Potter studio tour with my very good friend Ellie! It was an amazing day seeing Ellie and having a lovely Pottery day. I wrote a blog post on it last week HERE. It didn't exactly start off as planned though.... I was supposed to be getting a coach at 4:30am to London so I went to bed at 9pm and set 2 alarms like a good girl so you can imagine my horror when I woke up naturally at 6:30am, I had missed the coach! I was gutted I thought that was the end but after quickly phoning Ellie and getting some reassuring words she told me to get to the train station and travel that way instead. Although I ended up having to spend a bit more money it ended up being able to stay later meaning we could get food after our tour meaning I got to spend more time with a friend I rarely get to see so in a way it worked out better in the end :D


My next journey took me too the midlands for an interview. Due to lectures the day before and the day after I went there and back in a day so that meant 8 hours on trains but looking on the brightside of that day it gave me lots of time to enjoy the countryside and my interview went ok so overall a positive day.

My final journey was my return home to the Isle of Man for easter! Getting the boat from Liverpool meant I was able to meet up with a friend who is at University there so we spent a day full of chat and cupcakes. Finishing that day of by returning to the Isle of Man made the day even better, I really do love this Island.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment