Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Happy Friday #1

It's the first Friday of 2014 so I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the things that have made me happy this week.

I aim to write a post like this once a week for a year, with the hope that it will stop me taking the small things for granted and make me a generally happier person. Posting it on a Friday will hopefully help me get through the last day of the working/uni week too :P

So as 2014 only started on Wednesday it doesn't give me a lot of time to pull from but actually it wasn't difficult to pick things to write about, we are only 2 days in and I have had loads of things that made me happy.

It started at just gone midnight on the 1st January, when I was stood with a group of friends watching fireworks go across the bay from my friends garden. Welcoming in the New Year with people I love looking onto a beautiful view was fantastic.





Spending New Years day watching Harry Potter and Doctor Who whilst doing the ironing made me happy for two reasons surprisingly. The first was of course the watching of two of my favourite things, it boggles me as to how they couldn't make you happy. During Harry Potter I kept jumping around in excitement for the scene that was about to come. Being happy about Ironing, I admit, is a bit weirder but I swear my parents leave it all to pile up until I get home so to do something nice for them and get it done makes me very happy, there is also a nice sense of achievement in there too.








My dogs also make me very happy. Watching the Springer Spaniel, Ben, rest his head on my Mums knee as she did a jigsaw was incredibly sweet! Also, with both dogs having been ill lately, watching them simply wagging there tails whilst out for a walk was a delight.

Sitting with a friend catching up over a cup of tea (ok orange juice but shhh!) about the festive period is the a lovely way to spend a couple of hours. She has been one of my closest friends for the past 10 years and since we went to different Universities anytime we get to spend together is fantastic.

Well that is just a few of the things that have made me happy so far this week. I hope that next week is just as good, and the rest of the year for that matter.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment