Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Family Day Out | 30 Days of Summer | Day 8

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


 Have a Family Day

If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

Spending time with loved ones whether they are family or not is always a special time. I am lucky enough to get to spend time with my close family on a regular basis, but those days you set aside for one another are still important.

My family day was spent doing a family hobby of ours, amateur radio. Basically you speak to people from all over the world using radio frequencies. My parents have been doing it since they were young and I guess it is like how my generation talk online, only a lot more technical. 




To get better signal we often set up an aerial on top of a hills which means transmitting for the back of the car. My preference is to log the contacts made rather than to speak though (yes, there are competitions for it!).

I also like to take this time to take photographs, in fact this was the same time as I took the photos at the Sheep Pens, and read my book. Even though we weren't doing the same thing all day it was great to spend a day in their company without the distractions of daily life.

What are you going to spend your family day doing? Who do you consider to be your family?

 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment