Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Sign Language | 30 Days of Summer | Day 7

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


Learn to Sign

If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

This one is most likely something you have never tried before and I guess it is quite unusual. Whilst we are having fun this summer I thought it might be nice to learn a skill that will benefit others (as well as ourselves).

I have wanted to learn sign language for a long time but never really got round to it. So this summer I decided it was time for me to get online and start learning, and boy is there a wealth of information on the internet.  Being for Britain I am learning British Sign Language but be careful because although we share a spoken language places like America and Australia have there own version. 

Not only could you use this sign language to communicate with deaf friend or family member but you could also use it to volunteer with other deaf people in your community. Even if you don't do either of these things though you will still be able to impress your friends with your new skill.


I have only started with finger spelling at the moment which is what you use to spell your name in British Sign Language but I aim to learn more in the future. Languages were never my strong point at school so don't follow the pictures on this post, they are simply my attempts and they may be wrong! (If you do happen BSL yourself any advise would very greatfully received!)

 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment